After falling in love with computers at the age of ten, later I got the opportunity to be involved professionally in the smart card and hi-tech business working for companies such as Incard, STMicroelectronics, IPM Group, Matica Technologies, Centro Grafico DG and Zwipe.
I am a believer that the technology shall be an “enabler” to unlock the full potential of every human being while – at the same time – should be easy and secure to use.
When I am not blogging I enjoy travel, running, hiking, taking photos and making aerial video with drones.
I am known in the Industry as “Andong” (安东). This name was given to me by the workmates at the time I was living in China.
Few other small things you might want to know about me:
- I invented the Twitter hashtag #BSC as reference to Biometric Smart Card.
- I invented the Twitter hashtag #BPC as reference to Biometric Payment Card.
- In March 2018 I presented The Rise of Biometric Card at ICMA Expo 2018 in Orlando, USA.
- In November 2017 I presented The Rise of Biometric Card Market at IDEX ASA Capital Markets Day in London.
- In October 2017 I have published world’s first independent research on Biometric Smart Card.
- 25-27 June 2018, SDW 2018. London. At this event I will present my latest work on the potential use of Biometric Smart Card in the ID Card Industry.
- 5-6 July 2018, Powered and Next-Generation Cards, Singapore. At this event I will give a tutorial session on Biometric Smart Cards 101 and will be among the panelist on the discussion “Go-To-Market Strategies for Biometric Cards”. Full program available here.
- 27-29 November 2018, Trustech 2018, Cannes.
Embedded Security News is official media partner of:
- Asia Pacific Smart Card Association (APSCA)
- International Cyber Defence Summit
- Money20/20 Europe
- Seamless Asia
- Seamless Thailand
- Seamless Vietnam
- Seamless Philippines
- Symposium on Securing the IoT
- Smart Security Week
- Wired Security
Please use the following form to leave a comment, opinion or whatever you like: