* Revenue of NOK 23.3 million vs NOK 24.7 million in Q4-17
* Positive gross margin of 19%, up from negative 4% in Q4-17
* Raised NOK 120 million in gross proceeds to fund growth
* Passed 4 million sensors shipped
* Management team reorganized to strengthen manufacturing and scalability
* Successful testing of new contactless smart card solution (April)
* Shipping first samples of contact-based smart card module to customers (May)
NEXT CEO Ritu Favre commented: “We continue to develop a range of products featuring our proprietary, large and cost-efficient flexible fingerprint sensors with a focus on driving profitable growth within our targeted markets of smart cards, government IDs, access control and notebooks. Achieving 19% gross margin in the first quarter is a confirmation of our progress. In addition, the progress our technical teams are making in contactless smart card solutions and our sampling of contact-based smart cards with customers, show that NEXT’s fingerprint sensor technology is gaining traction in our most important market.”
PRESENTATION OF FIRST QUARTER RESULTS
NEXT will present a business review and its interim report for the first quarter of 2018 today at 08.30 Norwegian time at Høyres hus, Stortingsgaten 20, Oslo. The presentation will be held in English. It will be available as a live feed and as a recording on the company website or through this link: http://webtv.hegnar.no/presentation.php?webcastId=83488480.
ABOUT NEXT Biometrics:
NEXT provides advanced fingerprint sensor technology that delivers uncompromised security and accuracy for the best possible user experience in the smart card, government ID, access control and notebook markets. The company’s patented NEXT Active Thermal™ principle allows the development of large, high quality fingerprint sensors in both rigid and flexible formats. NEXT Biometrics Group ASA (www.nextbiometrics.com) is headquartered in Oslo, with sales, support and development operations in Seattle, Silicon Valley, Taipei, Prague and Shanghai.
Tom Beermann, [email protected]
Source: Next Biometrics