New Delhi, October 11: Giving a major push to Digitalisation, Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Wednesday launched the IGL smart card- the first ever prepaid card for CNG customers at an event in New Delhi. The IGL smart card is a prepaid card for both retail and fleet consumers which allows customers to refuel CNG at its stations without carrying cash. The IGL smart card is a smart way to refuel CNG at IGL CNG outlets. It is a prepaid card that enables a customer to precisely allocate a desired amount of money from your budget for your CNG needs.
Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) is a Delhi-based city gas distribution company that supplies compressed natural gas (CNG) to the transport sector and piped natural gas (PNG) to households, the industrial and commercial sector in Delhi and the National capital Region (NCR). With the IGL smart card, an individual can purchase fuel through the cashless transaction from the largest CNG fuel retail network in Delhi NCR. Exercise complete control of your fleet and cash through IGL Fleet Card.
- It helps in monitoring all the transactions being done anytime with the online MIS.
- Proficiently manage your working capital by allocating funds to each card from your central pool of funds (CCMS account). Access card balances information online\
- Customers get a receipt for every transaction
- It helps in better Fleet Management during rush hours ( Cashless Handling )
- You can keep a check on the spendings on each of your cards with multiple spend limits that you can determine and change.
- The smart card enables cashless transactions which means no need not carry any cash for fuel.
- Electronic Funds Transfer Account can be recharged by various cashless modes including RTGS/NEFT/IMPS.
- MIS at the click of a button
- Retail Outlet Locator to locate IGL CNG Stations.
- SMS based services
- Unmacthed Security Pin-based security is employed with a separate PIN for each of the user cards and Control PIN for Control card transactions.
- No threat of theft as customers need not carry cash for fueling at all. Also, there are SMS alerts on transactions
- Card-based CCMS limits as well as Card based transaction limits
- Online service block/unblock option
Here’s How IGL Smart Card works:
- Once a customer visit the outlet, CNG will be filled in the vehicle
- A customer needs to TAP Card on Terminal for payment
- DSM i.e. the fuel pump operator enters the amount and authenticates it with PIN
- The customer then gets a charge slip print with balance
- A customer also receives an email/SMS of the transaction
Here’s how you Register & Activate Cards:
- A customer can visit IGLSmartCard.com
- Fills registration form (3 Step)
- Gets Registration Code on Mobile/Email
- Provides Registration Code at Outlet
- Makes Payment (any Mode)
- Gets Welcome Kit with Active Cards
- A customer can load money using Credit/ Debit Wallet, NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, Net Banking, UPI / Bharat QR & More
On Tuesday, Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said India will offer investment opportunities worth USD 300 billion in the hydrocarbon sector over next 10 years so as to keep pace with the country’s energy demand. In a media interaction at IndiaEnergyForum, organised by CERAWeek, Pradhan said, “In the next 10 years, India is offering project scope of USD 300 billion (in hydrocarbon sector) looking into our future demand”.