Embedded Security News is a proud official Media Partner of ID4Africa 2017, the annual meeting of ID4Africa movement that this year will be held from 26 to 28th of April in Windhoek, Namibia.
The Mission Modules of ID4Africa are:
- Promote the responsible adoption of digital identity in order to enhance people’s lives, make them visible, and empower them to claim and exercise their rights from birth-to-death with dignity and respect.
- Promote access to knowledge and information by the identity stakeholders so that policies and investments about identity systems are informed and based on sound evidence and experience.
- Promote South-South knowledge transfer related to identity in order to better understand the practical implications of different options depending on the context.
- Promote the emergence of a robust commercial identity marketplace, which allows many vendors, products, solutions, and technologies, to continually compete on innovations, features, performance and price for the benefit of Africa.
- Organize in Africa an annual meeting, accessible to all African Nations, in order to actively engage and discuss identity matters and to lay out the ID development agenda for the upcoming year.
A central component of the ID4Africa movement is the annual meeting which allows the movement to define the agenda year after year and to achieve the stated objectives. This annual meeting is a forum and expo focused on digital identity and its applications for driving socio-economic development in Africa. It is held each year in a different African country that will act as a host for the event and it reunites, under one place, four key stakeholder groups in the identity space:
- The identity authorities and users in African countries
- The international development agencies
- The solution providers
- The domain experts
Leave a message if you wish to have a chat with me during the event.