Amsterdam, May 18, 2017 at 04:00pm – Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, announces that its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (“AGM”), held today in the Netherlands, approved all the resolutions proposed by the Board.
Among these resolutions were:
- Adoption of the Company’s 2016 financial statements.
- Distribution of a cash dividend of €0.50 per share in respect of the financial year 2016. The time schedule related to the dividend payment will be as follows:
May 22, 2017: Ex-dividend date, i.e. the date as of which shares are traded without the right to the 2016 dividend.
May 23, 2017: Dividend record date, i.e. the date on which the shareholder positions are recorded as per close of business in order to be entitled to the 2016 dividend distribution.
May 24, 2017: Payment date of dividend.
Gemalto shares will trade ex-dividend as from the beginning of the trading session on May 22, 2017. Holders of Gemalto shares on May 22, 2017 who would not have previously sold their shares will be able to freely trade their shares on the stock exchange as from such date and will not need to block their shares until the payment date of the dividend to benefit from such dividend.
The dividend in cash is in principle subject to 15% Dutch dividend withholding tax, which will be deducted by Gemalto from the dividend paid to the shareholders. Some shareholders may be eligible to claim a refund of the tax withheld, if certain conditions are met. Shareholders are advised to consult their own tax advisor on their applicable situation with respect to any tax aspects relating to the dividend.
- Reappointment of Mr. Alex Mandl as Non-executive Board member until the close of the 2019 AGM.
- Reappointment of Ms. Homaira Akbari as Non-executive Board member until the close of the 2021 AGM.
- Reappointment of Mr. Buford Alexander as Non-executive Board Member until the close of the 2019 AGM.
- Reappointment of Mr. John Ormerod as Non-executive Board member until the close of the 2018 AGM.
- Appointment of Ms. Jill Smith as Non-Executive Board Member until the close of the 2021 AGM.
- Amendment to the Articles of Association of Gemalto.
- Renewal of the authorization of the Board to repurchase shares in the share capital of the Company as well as extension of authorization of the Board to issue shares and to grant rights to acquire shares in the share capital of Gemalto with or without the power to limit or exclude pre-emptive rights accruing to shareholders.
The agenda and other relevant detailed information concerning the AGM are available on the Gemalto’s investor website at http://www.gemalto.com/
Media Relations Agency
M.: +31 6 1136 8659
This press release contains inside information as referred to in article 7 paragraph 1 of Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (Market Abuse Regulation).
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in digital security, with 2016 annual revenues of €3.1 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
Our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software – enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 15,000+ employees operate out of 112 offices, 43 personalization and data centers, and 30 research and software development centers located in 48 countries.